Sunday, May 4, 2014

Do Us A Flavor

One of my favorite online advertising campaign is from Frito Lays called "Do us A Flavor."  This campaign give the public the option to submit flavor ideas to the company.  This campaign is a contest for a new flavor to be voted on by customers who purchase and taste the flavors.  To make a flavor suggestion go to https://www.dousaflavor.com After visiting the Frito Lays website you have to like them on various social media platforms before gaining access to where flavor suggestions are made.  you can search and vote for ideas you have, which may have been submitted previously.  Lays also has a youtube channel where commercials for the campaign can be seen.  This Idea Frito Lay had intrigues me, because while I've never made a flavor suggestion, I have friends who watch, track, and make suggestions, and while listening to them read of submitted flavor I find myself with countless mmmm's and why's. As I mentioned before this is a contest, with the winner receiving the honors of having the winning flavor, and 1% of net sales from a predetermined sales period. While I do enjoy a plain lays chip I like this campaign from Lays giving its customers the ability to be heard, and responding by producing what the masses like most.  I have purchased, and tried the finalist from last year Sriracha, Chicken, and Waffles, and Garlic Cheesy Bread, Chicken and Waffles was my favorite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment